What We Do
The Total Fitouts team have the local skills, connections and capabilities to deliver your dream office fit out. Whether you want to refresh up your tired space, build a new office from scratch or remodel and expand your current floor plan, we’re here to help you make it happen.
We deliver on time and to budget as we’re:
- Flexible and fast with our network of professional and trusted suppliers and subcontractors
- Cost-effective due to our national buying power and innovative building methods
- Consistent with our national operational processes, procedures and systems
- Solutions orientated with our highly trained, multi-skilled teams
- Local, with local teams that understand your locality, regulations and suppliers
TOTAL FITOUTS CAN BRING YOUR PROJECT TO LIFE
Whether you desire an urban-edgy, minimalist space or a large open-planned arena, a soundproofed, private boardroom or a multi-purpose mega office – Our local teams of talented fit out professionals can deliver concept to completion, and anything in between. Our offices go beyond aesthetics and branding, we believe functionality and comfort has a big role to play too.
Check out this client testimonial from Community Lifestyle Agency, fitout by Warren and the Total Fitouts Wide Bay team.
- Office Fitout Timelines
Most commercial office fitouts take between 12–18 weeks end-to-end (including approvals and designs, plans etc.), while the build itself typically only takes between 4 and 6 weeks. This will vary based on the size of the office and project – whether it’s a new fitout, a strip-out and refit or just a renovation. Keep in mind, if you haven’t found an office space yet, it could take anywhere from 2–6 weeks to find a space and sign the lease.
- Office Defit Timelines
Defit timelines change depending on the size, location and work required. Typically, an office defit takes 1-2 weeks.
- Office Fitout Process
Consultation: approx 1 week
- Initial discussions – project brief, location, timelines, site info and your fitout idea
- Site inspection – review and measure site, finalise budgets. We’ll then go through the specific process for your office space
Design: approx 4 weeks
- Office design brief, planning and proposals
- Review design and sign off
- Review documentation, construction designs and sign off
Approvals: approx 1–5 weeks
- Submit required approvals and building permits
- Lodge any state and project dependent approvals
Quote and contract: approx 1–2 weeks
- Receive a finalised quote with all inclusions
- Sign a formal contract
- Pay your deposit
Your fitout begins: approx 4–6 weeks
- Brief site and project teams, book required inspections, order materials
- Getting started!
- What Affects Office Fitout Timelines
There are a lot of moving parts and details that go into fitting out your new office space. Some things that can extend your schedule are:
- Finding your location and office space (if you haven’t already)
- Not having sufficient services to the building (such as power, connectivity, etc)
- The build requiring complex construction works
- Unusual tech, specialty or unique requirements
- Unknowns – issues discovered during the defit or strip out
- Delays in the approval process
“ The biggest challenge of a project is the unknowns – so it’s best to go in with an open and flexible mindset.” – Mick Moore, Total Fitouts Corporate Solutions Manager
- Budgeting for commercial office fitouts
Budgeting as accurately as possible will help the fitout process run smoothly. If proper budgeting isn’t done, you could find yourself hunting for more money in the middle of a project. Our shopfitters are here to ensure that your budget is as realistic as possible for the materials and design you’re after. They’ll also do their best to take into account and prepare you for any possible ‘surprises’ that may arise along the way.