We respect your rights to privacy under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Laws). We comply with all Privacy Laws in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of our Websites or any products and services offered on them.
1. Personal information
The term “personal information” generally means any opinion or information that identifies or can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
2. Type of personal information collected
The type of personal information we collect may include is set out on our Websites. This may include:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- your employer or business details;
- bank account and/or credit card details and other payment method details;
- details of the services you have acquired from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries;
- information you provide to us during telephone calls, in-person visits or in emails to our representatives from time to time;
- any information that you provide to us directly through our Site, Customer Care team or our Customer Experience Surveys;
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information;
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our Websites.
3. Collection of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to contact and communicate with you, for internal record keeping and for marketing.
When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in different ways including:
- when you visit our Websites;
- when you make an enquiry about our services using our Websites or over the phone;
- through your access and use of social media, our Websites, including information collected using cookies and similar technologies (including third party cookies such as Google Analytics) both directly and indirectly;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- when you apply for a job with us;
- when you enter promotions or competitions conducted by us, interact with our advertisements or participate in a survey or other market research activities; when you contact us with a complaint in relation to our services; or
- when you become a customer or a debtor of ours.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- from employment recruitment agencies;
- from our franchisees and related bodies corporate.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the Websites, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also work with other companies who use tracking technologies, including web beacons, to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our Websites about your interaction with our mobile app or communications, including advertising and e-mails. If you object to web beacons, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies.
4. What happens if you choose not to provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to:
- provide services you may require;
- process any promotions or benefits;
- some functions on our Websites may be restricted or not operational; and
- tailor the content of our Websites to your preferences and your experience of our Websites may not be as useful or enjoyable.
5. Use of personal information
We collect personal information about you so we can understand your needs and provide you with the most appropriate services and high-quality customer service. We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- delivering services to you;
- facilitating payments for our services;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services;
- to assess the performance of our Websites and to improve the operation of our Websites;
- to assess our customer service and to improve our customer service to you;
- to administer any contest, promotion and survey that we may run from time to time (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest);
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, suppliers, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing and marketing research), other communications, planning, service development, support, quality control, human resources, educational, data analytics and research purposes, and for our franchisees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint or enquiry made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
6. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to the following for purposes including to provide our services to you, and as required by law:
- our employees, franchisees and related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our Websites, our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, suppliers and manufacturers, web and cloud hosting providers, cyber security service providers, order fulfilment and shipping providers, customer service desk, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, support providers, data entry service providers, data analysts, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, archivists and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants;
- to government and regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies;
- any other organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent, including your insurers and your solicitors.
We also may also share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited our Websites during a specific time period or who enquired about a particular service or project through the Websites, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
7. Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your
We may also disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate, our other business partners and our service providers to give you information and offers about services offered by us or these companies.
8. Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Laws.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
9. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure and take reasonable steps to ensure we protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
10. Disclosure of information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers, government and quasi-government organisations, prospective purchasers of part of or the whole of our business and stock exchanges located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
11. Accessing Links
Our Websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
12. Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Privacy Laws and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of our investigations in writing.
If you are not satisfied with our response or wish to make a direct complaint to the regulator, you may contact the applicable Privacy Commissioner:
For Australia at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
For New Zealand at:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
0800 803 909
13. Contact us
14. Updates to this policy